Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Dog Days of Summer - Already?

Well, it's a hot one today in mid-Michigan.

But, the good news is - the summer TV shows are on.

My favorite is The Closer, the number one summer show since its inception. Kyra/Brenda and the whole cast are perfect in their roles. And guess what? You can even get a "The Closer Tote Bag" on Designer Gallery on QVC.com. Now, how cool is that?

Just read in TV Guide that Paul Michael Glaser of Starsky and Hutch fame goes toe-to-toe with Brenda this coming Monday night, July 21st. Should be another good show.

Another summer favorite premiers Tuesday, July 29th. Eureka returns to the SciFi channel. Again the lead, Colin Ferguson, sets the tone for the show. Just love his portrayal of Sheriff Jack Carter. If you haven't yet seen it, give it a try. However, I haven't seen any tote bags yet.

In the bad news department, William Peterson who plays Gil Grissom on CSI will leave the show mid-season. That's a huge loss.

I didn't mind Jorja leaving, she wasn't my favorite. Gary Dourdan was good and I will definitely miss him. But, the driving force behind this show is Grissom. I know they are bringing new characters on, but I don't think they can measure up to Gil.

It will be interesting to see how much longer the show continues.

Well, that's it for now. Time for another glass of ice tea.

What are your favorite summer shows? What are you looking forward to this next season? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments: