Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I'm a Squid - Really!

Another learning curve - I'm getting so tangled up in the curves...

I joined the website Squidoo last week and just finished my third lens, Squidoo's version of a website.

Right now I have three, with more to come.

1. Energy Savvy Senior - a lens related to how Dad and I are making energy-related changes around our home.

2. Savvy Senior Writer - a lens highlighting my freelance writing and blogging ability in hopes of attracting more freelance work.

3. Savvy Journaling - The Artist's Way - As a huge fan of Julia Cameron and her The Artist's Way series of books about journaling and finding our spiritual path to high creativity, I am excited about this lens. I think I'm done with it, but I never know. I may do some other related lens regarding journalling.

I have been a long time fan of The Artist's Way and writing morning pages and going on artist dates. These books were instrumental in bringing me to where I am today as a journalist and blogger.

I still have a number of lens' to create and a lot to learn, but everything is good.

Come over and visit. Maybe you will be a Squid soon. The lens are easy to build and there are a ton of directions you can go in - all for donating to your favorite charity or creating your own income. Lots of great people, friendly and willing to help a newbie squider (or is it squidooer?) learn.

What creative endeavor have you gotten yourself into lately? Are you learning anything new? If not, why not?

No comments: