Sunday, November 30, 2008

Cry Me a River: Rock's Saddest Songs List

Rock's Backpages gives us a list of the 20 most heartbreaking songs of all time. I am familiar with many of the songs and this list brings back a lot of memories.

Roy Orbison, The Righteous Brothers, The Everly Brothers, Otis Reading and ABBA are all favorites. One of my all time favorite sad songs is George Jones singing He Stopped Loving Her Today. Tears come to my eyes every time I hear that song. And who can ever forget Roy Orbison's emotional rendition of It's Over? That song stays with me long after his voice fades out.

The blurb at the end of the article says: Read more about all these artists at www.rocksbackpages.com. Over 13,000 articles by the greatest writers from the finest rock publications of the last 50 years.

What is your favorite sad song? What drew you to the song?

3 comments:

ZenDenizen said...

Fragile by Sting is a beautifully sad song. However, I recently posted about the 20 most cringeworthy sad songs:

http://zen-denizen.blogspot.com/2008/11/suicide-watch-list.html

Edie Dykeman said...

ZenDenizen, I will definitely check out your post. I'm looking forward to seeing which ones were most cringeworthy sad.

ZenDenizen said...

Thanks much. You certainly keep yourself busy with a handful of blogs, I have enough trouble updating one :)