Monday, July 21, 2008

It's That Time of the Year - 2

In sports news, the Washington Redskins training camp started last Saturday. They will meet the New York Giants for their season opener in just forty-eight days.

In the what's-in-a-name department: our beloved Detroit Lions replaced running back Kevin Jones with the recently drafted Kevin Smith. Alias Smith and Jones, anyone?

I say "beloved" with tongue-in-cheek. My favorite team of recent years has been the Indianapolis Colts. When Tony Dungy took over as head coach of the Colts, I was living in his hometown of Jackson, Michigan. As a local idol, he received quite a bit of press and I have followed his career and the Colts ever since.

Speaking of idol, American Idol auditions began last week for the upcoming season. Over 7,000 hopefuls ascended on Daly City, California for the first of the tryouts. This season's Idols are currently on tour and sounds like they are doing great.

Time to dig out my football chics t-shirt. A gift from my non-football-watching sister. With football season just weeks away, let the games begin.

No comments: