Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Family Well-Being

We have watched with great interest the movement of Hurricane Dolly from the time she was hovering over Cancun as a tropical storm, to her landing at Brownsville, TX today as a level 2 hurricane. At our home, the Weather Channel has stayed on continously since early this morning.

My daughter works in Corpus Christi and lives on a nearby island. Thankfully, the hurricane didn't hit her city directly, but it has caused quite a challenge. There seems to be, according to the Weather Channel, drenching rain, tornado warnings and sightings, high waves, and threats of flooding.

I have not yet talked to her, but I'm praying for her and her family as they "weather" this storm.

Ironically, my other daughter is flying into Corpus tomorrow. I wonder what will greet her when she gets there.

My prayers go to everyone caught in this unfortunate situation.

No comments: