Friday, July 25, 2008

Do it Anyway

Martina McBride sings a beautiful anthem to those who dare to dream yet wonder if their dreams will ever come true. The name of the song is "Anyway".

The tune and words come to mind many times when I feel I'm stretching beyond what I am capable of doing. A phrase in the chorus says, "Do it anyway."

I'm in the midst of a writing course that includes putting myself further out onto the Web than I've ever been before. I'm setting up a website, or two, or three, and will offer my writing services and products.

This is a huge step for me and fear wants to hold me back. But all along the way, I keep telling myself, "Do it anyway."

I've listened to a couple of speakers via web videos yesterday and today, who have flourished in their field. They are at the top of their game and still have not hit the proverbial ceiling.

Both of them said the same thing - no matter what stumbling block came along, or what their head tried to tell them, they kept going and did what they needed to do to reach their goals.

Both have, in fact, gone way beyond what they ever thought they were capable of or expected to do in their life and with their blogs.

No matter what our head tells us, ultimately we must follow our heart, or our gut instincts. We must do whatever we need to do to accomplish our goals.

It's not always easy and it's not always fun, but I, for one, am determined to succeed in spite of the fear.

I'm going to become a success in this field (by my definition of success) and enjoy the fruit of my labor. I'm going to "do it anyway" whether I "feel" like it or not.

What prevents you from accomplishing your goals? Or, what caused you to succeed against all odds? What carried you through? We would love to hear your stories.

No comments: