Sunday, July 27, 2008

The To-Do List That Didn't!

Why does it seem lately that the busier I am, the longer it takes to get anything accomplished?

1. I sent my family members an attachment of a link to my new writing website which is set up to sell my writing services. I asked for honest critque about how it looked and sounded.

Excited was I when I heard back from my brother a couple of hours later. Alas, it was to let me know the attachment wasn't there. So I replied to his email by sending him, and everyone else, the link posted within the body.

2. I wrote a blurb this afternoon because I submitted my new writing site to a list to advertise my writing services, where I hopefully will pick up some work. Several hours later, I got a well deserved email asking me to re-write the blurb in the 3rd person to bring it in line with the others on the site.

Oops! I forgot to check the wording protocol.

3. Last night I set out to write an article for publication on an article content site, but since I quickly thought of several other specific topics very close to that subject, I ended up drafting four articles, did the research for all four at once, including keywords.

Now tonight, instead of a completed article submitted as intended, I have four rough draft articles and who knows when they will get completed.

Oh, woe is me!

What is that saying? The hurrier I go the behinder I get. Or something to that effect.

What did I accomplish this weekend, you might ask? I made a wonderfully delicious white bean chili that will not last long in this household.

And this afternoon, in the midst of my busy writing and rewriting, I made a loaf of moist warm mouth-watering banana bread. Yum!

I take it all back - I accomplished more than I expected. But why were my accomplishments mostly in the area of food?

Hmmm! That's food for thought!

So, on this quiet Sunday night, how was your weekend? Did it meet or exceed your expectations, or would you like to add a short rant in the comments?

Maybe in the long run it turned out better than you think.

No comments: