Saturday, July 5, 2008

Summer Fun on the Network, Son

It's unbelievable what one can find on the web. For lack of anything better to do this morning - hey, I'll try anything to get out of housework - I checked out the following websites.

1. This site will certainly become a favorite of mine. I started cooking when I was about nine-years-old and I remember a lot of the old recipes found on the back of a box.

The http://www.backofthebox.com/ site contains many of the recipes you wish you had copied or cut out of the box when it was still available. There are thousands of recipes, all originally from food companies like Kraft, Bisquick and Kellogg. What fun to go back in time and see recipes such as Velveeta salsa dip and cheeseburger pizza. And who could forget "impossibly easy bacon pie?" No fair counting calories!

2. This site will attract fiction writers and parents-to-be with its rich selection of first and middle names. www.behindthename.com/random allows people to choose the number of names they want (a first name and up to three middle names), specify a gender and select "generate a name."

Maybe you'll find a great name for your next child, pet, or fictional character. Each selection shows the origin and meaning of the name.

3. This morning I had fun sending e-cards to my sister using http://www.someecards.com/ and I'm sure she appreciated the welcome she received when she opened her email. The cards were, in my humble opinion, hilarious, and I had trouble choosing just one (actually, I couldn't).

Many of the cards are free and there are others you can purchase. This is another site that will tempt you to spend time looking everything over.

So, on the next rainy day you now have several options that I'm sure will call you away from any housework, writing assignments, or blogging you might need to do and give you a valid reason to while away the time - if you need one.

Have fun with the above URL's and if you find any others, please leave them in the comments so we can check them out. Have a great weekend and we'll see you Monday!

No comments: