Saturday, August 2, 2008

What Bloggles My Mind: Passwords and Email Lists

How in the world did I end up with three (3) e-mail addresses on my Verizon and Yahoo page toolbar? And, I have two other email addresses I have to use to get to websites created for my article writing service.

This is too much for my senior mind to accept.

For organization sake, years ago I created a password cheat sheet on Excel. There are twenty-seven line items on each page. Sometime last year I had two full pages, but now I have another ten locations to add to the list. That will bring me into the third page.

The headings on each chart include the site, my user name, password, note column that includes password hints or member numbers, etc., and two more columns for the same type of info. It's easier to write down the name of my first dog, my mother's middle name, or my screen name in the notes section. Especially when various sites require different info.

Now that I have Dad's info also, I really need to keep good notes. With our banking alone I need to remember such things as city where we were married, city oldest child was born, month we were married, month oldest child was born, etc. Trying to remember all that just bloggles the mind. Thank God I'm the oldest child!

I say bloggled instead of boggled because my newest passion is blogging. My mind is stuck in blog-mode.

Therefore, today I plan to retype/update my password list to include all of the handwritten notes for the newest locations around the internet.

I'm going to delete some of the older line items that I don't need anymore and try to get back to two pages. That way I can print double-sided and place in a plastic sleeve.

Sounds like a good Saturday project.

Now, what do I do about all the e-mail addresses?

What bloggles or boggles your mind? What do you do to unboggle? Please share your wonderful ideas with us.

2 comments:

Susie said...

Hey Edie, I remember a few years ago, when I complained about trying to keep track of all my passwords, you asked "Why don't you just use the same one?" You've come a long way. You'll be a total geek any day now :)
Little Sis Susie

Susie said...

Darn. It took me 7 tries to get my username and passward right so I could post my last comment. I forgot to write it down on my chart. Don't you hate when that happens?