Wednesday, June 25, 2008

My New Day Job

Such a volunteer I am!

I've studied grant proposal writing for several months now, but finally got up the courage to call around for an opportunity to actually, well, write. At the same time, the director of the Senior Center my father attends was looking for someone to write grants.

Now I am writing my first grant proposal, pro bono, and excited to finally have a live assignment.

Therefore, I spent several hours this morning looking for funders. I got really excited when I found a local foundation, but unfortunately the deadline was April 1st. Well, I'm all set for next year. Anyway, back to the drawing board.

For me, the learning curve for grant writing is steep. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. At least with this type of writing, I'll feel like I am making a difference in the lives of others.

How have you stepped out of your comfort zone lately? What new adventure are you undertaking? Or would like to? Share if you dare...

No comments: